Laura Diane Cameron
Laura Diane Cameron is a Seattle-based artist, born and raised in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. She received a BFA in Painting from Washington State University and has been creating mixed media paintings for over two decades. Her work is an alchemical infusion of imaginal landscapes, mythic realms and the physical world and its denizens. She channels and creates visionary paintings of Goddesses and other powerful muses that are all about inspiration, healing and transformation into the new paradigm. She is most fascinated by the mysterious, the unusual and the uncanny.
Laura’s art is ever-evolving, and the materials range from ink wash and watercolors to oil and acrylic. She loves the tactile use of acrylic mediums, pastes and clay to build up textured and high-relief sculptural elements to her paintings, adding in cloth, nylon fiber, beads, shells, crystals and wire to the mix. Her projects and commissions have ranged from book illustrations, album cover art, movie props, portraits of people and animals, interior murals, Oracle decks, and visionary altarpieces for Lightworkers, healers and empaths. On occasion, she teaches private lessons and art parties to creatives of all ages.
1995 —BFA Fine Art | Washington State University * summa cum laude* Major Emphasis: Painting
* Minor: Art History
1993–BA English | Washington State University* cum laude
Arts Associate | Highline Community College
* Writing Emphasis
Curriculum for Living | Landmark Worldwide * The Forum–2011* Advanced Course—2012
*Self-Expression and Leadership Program-2013*Communication Course I & II–2013
*Introduction Leaders Program August 2016-March 2017*Course Supervisor Program 2017-Present
Custom-built progressive curriculum based individual student needs
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Introduction to Acrylic Painting
- Color Theory
- History and Practice of Celtic Art
Step by Step Painting Classes—2013-Current
- Instructing for Wine & Canvas—acrylic painting via completed and live demo for beginners (see example demo “Starry Night Seattle”. Class Sizes range from 15-45 people, depending on venue
- Custom Classes (via my private studio)—Acrylic media and collage, 1-4 people. Attendees select demo image to paint from
Art Facilitation (co-taught with local therapist) 2015-Current
- Chakra Art Meditation Classes– An exploration of the seven chakras through various acrylic painting and collage techniques, explanation of related symbolism and meditative exercises.
- Series I: 7-class series
- Series II: 3-session workshop
- “Inner Critic” Class—partly step-by-step and partly therapeutic facilitation, this class required students to depict their “inner critic” via paint on canvas, gradually transforming a negative image into a positive one.